Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Off Off and Away...To Kauai ;)

So after a week back in the beautiful Bay Area, Zac and I are off again to the sunny and gorgeous Kauai Island in Hawaii. I find it somewhat interesting that we are going from the freezing cold and snowy Montana to warm and sunny Hawaii in a span of a week. I consider myself extremely lucky but I hope that my poor body will not be sent into some temperature change induced shock.

I am faced with the task today of having exactly 4 hours before I need to leave for work, and of course, having way too much to do. My plants need to be re-potted, the bank needs to be contacted, laundry needs to get done, shower, needs to be taken, and somehow I am supposed to get packed as well. Don't you love the stress that always inevitably comes with leaving for a trip? It would be wonderful if I could just snap my fingers and have it all be finished. Voila! But alas, it will never be so. Sigh. So here I am, procrastinating at the computer, pretending to myself that this is a crucial pre-departure activity. What I really want to be doing, however, is playing World of Warcraft.

That darn game has literally consumed most of my school break free time. I absolutely love it. Getting lost in a fantasy world with my fellow fantasy friends is just about the best thing I can think of to relax and unwind. (Except going to the gym of course, more later). Last night at Starbucks, while re-stocking cups, I saw a beautiful, gorgeous man sitting in the corner on his laptop and lo and behold, he was playing WoW!! I watched him play from afar for a few minutes before realizing that I was not so much interested in him, but that I was more interested in his character and what he was doing, questing or PvPing...sad but true. I found an excuse to talk to him for a few minutes about how his realm was always full and whenever he tried to log in he was #800 on the waitlist or so...yes #800!!! I think we were both a little embarrased to admit that we were WoW die hards and the conversation quickly waned. I let him back to his game and sadly returned to cleaning coffee grounds and making lattes. Secretely, however, I really wanted to be questing with my level 31 rogue on her new silver tiger mount. Oh yes I did.

After work I decided to head to the gym for some post-caffeine calorie burning. It was a very sad realization recently that prompted this late-night gym need. In looking at pictures from a year and a half ago and stepping on the scale, I realized that I have gained a good 50 pounds during the last 2 years. Oh my God! How could it be?!? But it is true. So now, I have to get my large ass back on the treadmill to walk, run, cry, and burn away all those pesky pounds. No more eating what Zac eats all the time. Lesson learned. Those of us with the metabolisms of snales cannot, repeat CANNOT, eat the same as those with the metabolisms of gazelles. Arg. I am doomed to a life of salad and soup....smile though. I need to smile.

So yes, tomorrow we leave for Kauai, the land of sun, warm sandy beaches, and scantily clad honeymooners. I, however, will be avoiding bearing my flab at all costs and will be attempting to snorkel in some combination of bikini top, tank top, and surf shorts. Oh well. That's what I get for those damn 50 pounds. Nevertheless, I am ridiculously excited to go and enjoy myself before school starts again. Hopefully I won't get stung by a jellyfish or eaten by a shark...

No comments:

Post a Comment